Master the skills, techniques, and strategies in order to shoot accurately, consistently, and safely. Archery: Steps to Success is packed with progressive instruction and accompanying full-color photos. This one-of-a-kind resource contains exercises for each phase of the shot-stance, draw, aim, release, and follow-through-for both recurve and compound bows.
Archery: Steps to Success covers these aspects:
* Selection, fitting, tuning, and upgrading equipment
* Assessing, refining, and perfecting shooting form
* Compensating for common weather conditions such as rain and wind
* Technical and mental exercises for improved accuracy
* Preparing, practicing, and planning for competition
* Bow hunting strategies for judging distance and shooting on uneven terrain
* Traditional archery for those wanting to use simple equipment rather than the latest technology
By practicing the 93 exercises and using the Steps to Success scoring system to track your progress, you'll learn at your own pace and develop consistent technique and shot patterns in no time.
Whether you are new to the sport or an experienced competitor or bow hunter, this manual will help you hit your mark. As part of the popular Steps to Success Sports series-with more than 2 million copies sold-Archery Steps to Success hits the bull's-eye when it comes to comprehensive archery instruction.
Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers
Number of pages: 280
Weight: 839 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 15 mm
Edition: Fourth Edition
"Novice and seasoned archers will benefit from reading and rereading Archery: Steps to Success. With all the new archers coming into the ranges, Kathleen's book is a must-read for everyone."
Arlyne Rhode-- Owner and Editor, The US and International Archer Magazine
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?