* offers a greater level of expertise with contributing authors to each chapter while ensuring unity of perspective and approach in their writing style
* balances theory and research methods and the role they play in applied social psychology
* provides broad coverage to give students a more thorough appreciation of the scope of this field and the variety of social problems it addresses
* includes a "Culture Context" discussion in most chapters to highlight cross-cultural concerns and perspectives
* provides "Focus on Research" and "Focus on Intervention" boxes that provides students with a more in depth appreciation of the processes of designing, executing, and evaluating research studies and interventions.
New to this Edition:
* new separate chapters on personal relationships (chapter 15) and applying social psychology to the classroom (chapter 16)
* new cutting-edge research and topics that explore social psychology in everyday life such as research on the effects of embedded sexual content in the media, team goal-setting and social cohesion in teams, and new strategies for inducing pro-environment behavior
The Second Edition of Applied Social Psychology is reader friendly and emphasizes the connection between academic material and the student's real-world experiences. It is designed for undergraduate students in the social and behavioral sciences studying applied social psychology.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 504
Weight: 880 g
Dimensions: 254 x 177 x 30 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?