Applied Social Psychology: Understanding and Addressing Social and Practical Problems (Paperback)Frank W. Schneider (editor), Jamie A. Gruman (editor), Larry M. Coutts (editor)
- Not available
Stay one step ahead and let us notify you when this item is next available to order
We will contact you when this item is next available to order.
* offers a greater level of expertise with contributing authors to each chapter while ensuring unity of perspective and approach in their writing style
* balances theory and research methods and the role they play in applied social psychology
* provides broad coverage to give students a more thorough appreciation of the scope of this field and the variety of social problems it addresses
* includes a "Culture Context" discussion in most chapters to highlight cross-cultural concerns and perspectives
* provides "Focus on Research" and "Focus on Intervention" boxes that provides students with a more in depth appreciation of the processes of designing, executing, and evaluating research studies and interventions.
New to this Edition:
* new separate chapters on personal relationships (chapter 15) and applying social psychology to the classroom (chapter 16)
* new cutting-edge research and topics that explore social psychology in everyday life such as research on the effects of embedded sexual content in the media, team goal-setting and social cohesion in teams, and new strategies for inducing pro-environment behavior
The Second Edition of Applied Social Psychology is reader friendly and emphasizes the connection between academic material and the student's real-world experiences. It is designed for undergraduate students in the social and behavioral sciences studying applied social psychology.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 504
Weight: 880 g
Dimensions: 254 x 177 x 30 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Please note that owing to current COVID-19 restrictions, many of our shops are closed. Find out more by clicking here.