Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) is the leading course for prehospital practitioners in advanced medical assessment and treatment of commonly encountered medical conditions. Endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians, the course emphasizes the use of the AMLS Assessment Pathway, a systematic assessment tool that enables EMS practitioners to diagnose medical patients with urgent accuracy.
In the Second Edition of AMLS, students learn to recognize, assess, and manage common medical crises in patients. Topics covered include: respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders, shock, neurologic disorders, abdominal disorders, endocrine and metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, environmental-related disorders, and toxicologic emergencies.
Critical thinking scenarios encourage interaction and challenge students to apply their knowledge to realistic situations. During the scenarios, students:
* Are at the patient's side from arrival on scene to delivery to the hospital.
* Assess, review, and discern the possible diagnosis of the patient.
* Choose the next step to take on the AMLS Assessment Pathway.
* Confirm the final diagnosis and provide ongoing prehospital management of the patient.
New to the Second Edition:
* Refined AMLS Assessment Pathway.
* Clear emphasis on the BLS provider and integration with ALS throughout the assessment process.
* Expanded content on highly critical patients.
* Expanded content on environmental-related disorders.
* Expanded content on infectious diseases.
This 16 hour course is for Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurse Anesthetists, and Physicians. The course can be offered at the basic, advanced, or combined levels. The AMLS Basic course materials are available in the Advanced Medical Life Support Online Instructor's ToolKit.
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Number of pages: 468
Weight: 879 g
Dimensions: 274 x 213 x 18 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition