Adventures in Opting Out: A Field Guide to Leading an Intentional Life (Hardback)Cait Flanders (author)
- Not available
Here are some of the things Cait Flanders has opted out of in the past 10 years:
* Drinking, when she decided to get completely sober, at the age of 27.
* Living with debt, when she finished paying off $30,000 of it and vowed: never again
* Working in an office, when she quit to work for herself.
* Having a lot of stuff, when she decluttered and got rid of 80-85% of it.
* Having a home, when she decided to fully embrace her nomadic lifestyle.
In ADVENTURES IN OPTING OUT, Flanders offers a trail map to following her example and building a slow, mindful, minimalist life that emphasizes the beauty of the natural world, the importance of real human connection, the joys of travel, and the happiness that comes from living an intentional life in harmony with your own values.
Choosing to opt out is a brave decision, and ultimately an infinitely rewarding one. But that doesn't mean it's easy. There will be hardships along the way -- relationships questioned, demons faced, addictions confronted -- but with Flanders's guidance and advice, drawn from her own journey and examples of others who have picked the road less travelled, you'll have all the encouragement and insight you'll need to build a life of purpose, fulfilment, and adventure.
Publisher: Welbeck Publishing Group
Number of pages: 224
Dimensions: 216 x 135 mm
- Tammy Strobel, author of You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap)
"Rare, practical guidance on reaching beyond outworn cultural norms to discover-and to follow-the adventure that is ours alone to create."
Lyanda Lynn Haupt, author of Mozart's Starling
"Do yourself a favour and don't opt out of reading this book"- Paul Jarvis, author of Company of One
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.