Adding Value to Libraries, Archives, and Museums: Harnessing the Force That Drives Your Organization's Future (Paperback)Joseph R. Matthews (author)
- We can order this
This book explains the concept of adding value and shows staff at libraries and other organizations why they need to take steps now to ensure they are adding new value to their communities-whether it be a local town or neighborhood, a faculty and student body, or a school.
* Helps managers and administrators create long-range plans for sustainability and growth
* Offers real-life models of libraries that have successfully implemented concepts of the value-added organization
* Fills a gap in the literature as the only book written specifically for librarians on the topic of adding value
* Presents important information and guidance for those who work in all types of libraries, archives, and museums as well as administrators, board members, and other stakeholders who are interested in the future of these vital community resources
* Includes color charts, website screenshots, and other visual representations that clarify key concepts and points
Number of pages: 271
Weight: 930 g
Dimensions: 277 x 216 x 20 mm
"This is a user-friendly, accessible guide that clearly outlines how institutions can enter the digital, global arena to reconnect with their clients and reclaim their positions as innovative, meaningful institutes of knowledge, culture, and community.' - VOYA
"[I]nformation professionals from all types of GLAMs [(galleries, libraries, archives, and museums)] will find ideas to inspire discussion and experimentation." - Technical Services Quarterly
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review