from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
Among the many changes in the third edition:
- newer, longer, and more authentic texts and examples
- greater discipline variety in texts (added texts from hard sciences and engineering)
- more in-depth treatment of research articles
- greater emphasis on vocabulary issues
- revised flow-of-ideas section
- additional tasks that require students to do their own research
- more corpus-informed content
The Commentary has also been revised and expanded.
This edition of Academic Writing for Graduate Students, like its predecessors, has many special features:
- It is based on the large body of research literature dealing with the features of academic (or research) English and extensive classroom experience.
- It is as much concerned with developing academic writers as it is improving academic texts.
- It provides assistance with writing part-genres (problem-solutions and Methods and Discussion sections) and genres (book reviews,research papers).
- Its approach is analytical and rhetorical-users apply analytical skills to the discourses of their chosen disciplines to explore how effective academic writing is achieved.
- It includes a rich variety of tasks and activities, ranging from small-scale language points to issues of how students can best position themselves as junior researchers.
Publisher: The University of Michigan Press
Weight: 694 g
Dimensions: 229 x 152 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?