This comprehensive, five-volume reference set is aligned with the National Health Education Standards, containing up-to-date, scientifically based information on a variety of health and wellness topics relevant to high school students.
* Five expansive volumes covering such diverse topics as media, family, and peer influences on body image, sexual behavior, diseases and disorders, mental health and wellness, and relationships
* Contributions from psychologists, educators, and teen contributors
* "What People are Saying" sidebars disbursed throughout that provide opinions by young adults, as well as "Case Reports" and "Facts and Myths"
* Dozens of illustrations including those of human reproductive anatomy
* A glossary defining hundreds of terms relevant to health and wellness, such as pandemic, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and neurotransmitter
Number of pages: 1213
Weight: 2449 g
Dimensions: 235 x 156 x 81 mm
"This five-volume health and wellness education reference presents practical information that supports the National Health Education Standards (NHES) for high school (grades 9 through 12). . . . The work is well done for young students as well as laypersons." - Choice
"This new set from Greenwood provides comprehensive health information for teens that conforms to the National Health Education Standards. . . . Presenting information from multiple perspectives encourages students to see the big picture. . . . Critical-thinking elements are incorporated throughout. . . . This very useful set offers an introduction to a wide variety of health-related issues." - Booklist
"This set is aligned with the National Health Education Standards for promoting and supporting health-enhancing behaviors for students in grades 9 through 12. . . . This material is intended to be of interest to teens and is full of practical advice and information on resources for that audience." - Library Journal