A Red Herring Without Mustard - Flavia de Luce Mystery (Paperback)Alan Bradley (author)
For eleven-year-old Flavia de Luce, a visit to a Gypsy fortune-teller is just a bit of fun - until the old woman claims to see a vision of Flavia's mother, who died when Flavia was a baby. When the Gypsy is brutally attacked, Flavia wonders if her appearance in the village has stirred up memories of a tragic event from the past.
Flavia starts down a dark and twisting road to discover the truth - but when a corpse is found in the grounds of Buckshaw, the de Luce family seat, it seems as if the heart of the mystery is disturbingly close to home.
Praise for the historical Flavia de Luce mysteries:
'The Flavia de Luce novels are now a cult favourite' Mail on Sunday
'A cross between Dodie Smith's I Capture The Castle and the Addams family...delightfully entertaining' Guardian
Fans of M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin, Frances Brody and Alexander McCall Smith will enjoy the Flavia de Luce mysteries:
1. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
2. The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag
3. A Red Herring Without Mustard
4. I Am Half Sick of Shadows
5. Speaking From Among the Bones
6. The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
7. As Chimney Sweepers Come To Dust
8. Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd
9. The Grave's a Fine and Private Place
If you're looking for a cosy crime series to keep you hooked then look no further than the Flavia de Luce mysteries.
* Each Flavia de Luce mystery can be read as a standalone or in series order *
Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
Number of pages: 416
Weight: 320 g
Dimensions: 198 x 130 x 30 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?