Keyed to the core book Science Curriculum Topic Study, this resource helps science professional development leaders and teacher educators understand the CTS approach and how to design, lead, and apply CTS in a variety of settings that support teachers as learners. The authors provide everything needed to facilitate the CTS process, including:
- A solid foundation in the CTS framework
- Multiple designs for half-day and full-day workshops, professional learning communities, and one-on-one instructional coaching
- Facilitation, group processing, and materials management strategies
- Ideas for embedding CTS in professional development programs
- A CD-ROM with handouts, PowerPoint slides, and templates for developing your own CTS sessions
- References to additional resources and materials
By bringing CTS into schools and other professional development settings, science leaders can enhance their teachers' knowledge of content, improve teaching practices, and have a positive impact on student learning.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 1111 g
Dimensions: 279 x 215 x 28 mm
"Engaging science teachers at all levels with important ideas relating to both the content and how they can help students learn the content is critical to promoting effective instruction. We have been using CTS as one key element of our professional development program and our preservice preparation programs for several years. It has proven to be an incredibly valuable and appreciated tool. This leaders' guide will help us use CTS even more effectively ourselves, and help us prepare new cadres of professional development providers who will engage current and future teachers with state and national resources to improve science instruction and student learning." -- George Nelson, Director, Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education, Western Washington University
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review