A Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Third Sector (Hardback)Helmut K. Anheier (author)
- Publisher out of stock
This guide to civil society provides a quick and easy reference to the key people, concepts and organizations of the third sector. It contains approximately 300 up-to-date entries including all terms and concepts associated with civil society, as well as regional information. Key features of the dictionary include:
* definitions of concepts and terms surrounding civil society
* details on specific regions important in the history of civil society, such as India, the CIS and the USA
* profiles of the key personalities and organizations involved in the third sector
* includes information on how the sector operates (e.g. Fair Trade, grassroots organizations and exit strategies)
* provides information that would otherwise require many volumes to locate.
Key terms include: Citizenship, Social Captial, Rule of Law, Nonprofit Management, Corporate Responsibilities and Social Origins Theory.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 626 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 x 24 mm
-"Booklist/RBB, October 15, 2005
"A helpful introduction describes the growing role and importance of philanthropic and nonprofit organizations in the 21st-century global society... All entries are up-to-date and well written... This resources has no real competitor, and it will benefit anyone who has ever been confused about the differences (and similarities) between nonprofit organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), charities, and related entities... It belongs in all philanthropy and grantsmanship reference collections... Highly recommended."
-"Choice, March 2006
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review