'Terrifying yet funny, surprising yet predictable, simple yet poignant' Chris Packham
A shocking but informative, eye-catching and witty book of maps that illustrate the perilous state of our planet.
The maps in this book are often shocking, sometimes amusing, and packed with essential information:
* Did you know that just 67 companies worldwide are responsible for 67 per cent of global greenhouse emissions?
* Or that keeping a horse has the same carbon footprint as a 23,500-kilometre road trip?
* Did you know how many countries use less energy than is consumed globally by downloading porn from the internet?
* Do you know how much of the earth's surface has been concreted over?
* Or how many trees would we have to plant to make our planet carbon-neutral?
Presenting a wealth of innovative scientific research and data in stunning, beautiful infographics, 99 Maps to Save the Planet provides us with instant snapshots of the destruction of our environment. At one glance, we can see the precarious state of our planet - but also realise how easy it would be to improve it
Enlightening, a bit frightening, but definitely inspiring, 99 Maps to Save the Planet doesn't provide practical tips on how to save our planet: it just presents the facts. And the facts speak for themselves. Once we know them, what excuse do we have for failing to act?
Publisher: Vintage Publishing
Number of pages: 208
Weight: 925 g
Dimensions: 255 x 205 x 23 mm
Impressively imaginative and effectively alarming * Wanderlust *
Many of the inforgraphics [in 99 Maps to Save the Planet] represent information in new ways that are freshly eye-opening for me... I hope that the shocking information in this book helps to spur some action -- Laura Hiscott * Physics World *
Terrifying yet funny, surprising yet predictable, simple yet poignant -- Chris Packham
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.