Lying in Wait: Ann Rule's Crime Files: Vol.17 - Ann Rule's Crime Files (Paperback)Ann Rule (author)
- In stock
In this gripping collection of investigative accounts from her private archives, "America's best true-crime writer" (Kirkus Reviews) exposes the most frightening aspect of the murderous mind: the waiting game. Trusted family members or strangers, these cold-blooded killers select their unsuspecting prey, wait for the perfect moment to strike, then turn normality into homicidal mayhem in a matter of moments. Ann Rule will have you seeing the people and places around you with heightened caution as you read these shattering cases, including:
* New mothers murdered, their infants kidnapped, in an atrocious baby-selling scheme
* The man who kept his criminal past hidden from his wife-and his wife from his mistress-until he coldly disposed of one of them
* The beautiful daughter of a State Department official ran away from the privileged world she knew and hitched a ride with a man she didn't . . . with fatal consequences
* For months, a vicious, rage-filled serial rapist eluded police and terrorized Seattle's women-when would he strike next, and how far would his violence escalate?
* A criminal known for his Houdini-like escapes is serving time for murder in a botched robbery-now the convict is being served dinner in a civilian's home, where he has one more trick up his sleeve
* A long-lost relative who came home to visit, leaving a bloody trail through Washington and Oregon; no one realized how dangerous he and his ladylove were-until it was far too late. . . .
With her ability to translate the most complex cases into storytelling "as dramatic and chilling as a bedroom window shattering at night" (The New York Times), Rule expertly analyzes the thoughts and deeds of the
sociopath, in this seventeenth essential Crime Files volume.
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Number of pages: 336
Dimensions: 210 x 135 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.