Foreword by Professor John Wass, Professor of Endocrinology at Oxford University
Did you know that you have thousands, perhaps millions, of hormones in your bloodstream?
Did you know that these complex chemical messengers regulate the function of our cells and organs?
Or that they keep our bodies working properly, co-ordinating processes like growth, fertility and metabolism?
Meet Your Hormones explores and explains the fascinating world of hidden hormones: what they are, what they do and why you can't live without these super-fast chemical messengers.
Including in-depth profiles on each of the most important hormones at work in the human body, and helpful advice on how you can look after your own health through greater knowledge of your hormones, this is a wide-ranging introduction to the secret world inside your own body.
- Explores what hormones are, where they are made and how they work
- Explains the key functions of the body in which they are involved
- Offers practical advice on how we can help our hormones help us through diet and lifestyle
- Examines the latest thinking and cutting-edge research
- Forms a companion volume to Meet Your Bacteria
Publisher: Octopus Publishing Group
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 560 g
Dimensions: 234 x 190 x 20 mm