Moon Oregon Hiking (First Edition): Best Hikes plus Beer, Bites, and Campgrounds Nearby (Paperback)Matt Wastradowski (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
Misty ancient forests, rugged high deserts, and black sand beaches: wherever you turn in Oregon, adventure awaits. Pack a lunch, lace up your boots, and hit the trails with Moon Oregon Hiking. Inside you'll find:
* Diverse Hiking Options: Whether you plan to take peaceful walks along the coast or challenging treks up Mount Hood, enjoy outdoor getaways ranging from easy day hikes to multi-day backpacking trips
* Find Your Hike: Looking for something specific? Choose from strategic lists of the best hikes for wildflowers, waterfalls, or hiking with your dog, plus a breakdown of the best hikes by season
* The Top Outdoor Experiences: Explore a Mars-like red rock landscape in the Alvord Desert, or marvel at one of the 90 rushing waterfalls in the Colombia River Gorge. Peer into the mouth of a volcano crater, gaze at the Portland skyline from afar, or climb to the top of a picturesque lighthouse. Take a dip in relaxing hot springs, study real wagon ruts on the historic Oregon Trail, and spot puffins, pelicans, and plovers along the coast
* Nearby Fun: Spend a night under the stars at a nearby campground, sip a refreshing local brew after a day of hiking, or enjoy fresh-caught fish at a beachfront restaurant
* Essential Planning Details: Each hike is described in detail and marked with round-trip distance and hiking time, difficulty, terrain type, elevation gain, and access points
* Maps and Directions: Find easy-to-use maps, driving directions to each trailhead, and details on where to park
* Expert Advice: Seasoned hiker Matt Wastradowski offers experienced insights, local secrets, and honest opinions of each trail
* Tips and Tools: Advice on gear, first aid, and camping permits, plus background information on climate, landscape, and wildlife
Whether you're a veteran or a first-time hiker, Moon's comprehensive coverage and local expertise will have you gearing up for your next adventure.
Hitting the road? Check out Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip!
Publisher: Avalon Travel Publishing
Number of pages: 344
Weight: 323 g
Dimensions: 212 x 136 x 16 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.