A reassuring and accessible guide to the minefield of puberty from the beloved TV medic Dr Ranj Singh, Grow Up and Feel Amazing is essential reading for boys aged 10 and older.
The nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything you ever wanted to know about puberty - plus lots more.
What does it mean to be a boy? And I'm not just talking about what you have between your legs, but what life is really like for boys. Growing up is a real minefield! So I've put everything I've learned both from my career as an NHS doctor and my own life experiences into this twenty-first century guide to being a boy.
It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you'll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.
Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves.
- Puberty and physical development, including genital, skin, hair and voice changes
- Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise
- Mental health awareness, including the importance of sleep, managing mood swings and anxiety
- Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullying
- A sensitive, age-appropriate introduction to sex, consent and privacy
- Navigating the online world, including social media and cybersafety
Publisher: Hachette Children's Group
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 341 g
Dimensions: 212 x 148 x 14 mm
You may also be interested in...
“Great book for growing boys”
I read this first then asked my sons to read it. It's very informative but Dr Ranj puts things across in a great way. I would definitely recommend.
“Great book for boys”
Love this book. Really Informative about growing up including the emotional stuff.
Please sign in to write a review
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.