Changing careers just got easier
Done properly, however, a change of career can be a rewarding and exhilarating experience and one you should never shrink from, particularly if the alternative is underachieving, stagnating in a dead-end job or doing work you no longer find interesting. This book teaches you all you need to know about crossing the bridge from one careerto another.
This book is broken down into seven short lessons, one for each day of the week. It starts by putting your ideas to the test to see whether they are viable or not. Then, if they are, it goes on to show you what you need to do to move your plan from an outline in your head to a reality. Sometimes the challenges you'll face will be tough ones, but throughout the book you'll find practical advice and tips to help you when you get stuckand need to find a way forward.
Whether you choose to read it in a week or in a single sitting, this is your fastest route to success:
- Sunday: Use research to test the strength of your ideas and identify your transferable skills
- Monday: Understand the financial implications of changing your job and find ways to supplement your income
- Tuesday: Overcome lack of skills and experience by gaining new qualifications and considering work experience
- Wednesday: Assess the opportunities available within your company and convince your employers of your aspirations
- Thursday: Create an effective CV for the outside job market and learn how to get noticed without experience
- Friday: Explore your options when career change is forced on you and use the temporary job market as your 'Trojan horse'
- Saturday: Reduce your hours and responsibilities in your current job or find a career which is less demanding
Publisher: John Murray Press
Number of pages: 128
Weight: 114 g
Dimensions: 199 x 130 x 28 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?