In the thirty-sixth century, humanity has conquered the galaxy and colonized countless star systems. The Galactic Empire, modeled along Prussian lines, and the democratic Free Planets Alliance are at war, and the fate of every human being in the universe hangs in the balance. This classic Japanese space opera, adapted into a legendary anime, is finally available in English for the first time.
Imperial forces have captured the Phezzan Dominion and draw ever closer to the Free Planets Alliance capital of Heinessen. Yang hurriedly abandons Iserlohn Fortress and heads for the capital to protect countless civilians. Taking out Reinhard is the alliance's only path to victory. Despite the empire's superior numbers, Yang continues to outwit its most resourceful generals via tactical wizardry. Reinhard, on the other hand, seeing through Yang's devices, opts for all-out war. And so, the "invincible" and "undefeated" once again clash swords. Who will emerge victorious?
* A massive ten-volume space opera epic; considered the greatest to come out of Japan.
* Fifth volume of our popular space opera series, released in "binge" schedule of multiple volumes per year.
* Production I.G, Inc. to begin releasing a new anime of the series in late 2017.
* Fan demand: Haikasoru has received dozens of letters over the years, and a Twitter survey saw 1,300 respondents-the most ever to respond to a Haikasoru social media post-requesting the series in English.
* Epic space opera / military SF along the lines of Honor Harrington series by David Weber and the Old Man's War series by John Scalzi.
Publisher: Viz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
Number of pages: 272
Weight: 222 g
Dimensions: 203 x 133 x 15 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.