Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 9th edition (Hardback)Chambers (author)
- Publisher out of stock
What is the Chambers Biographical Dictionary?
All the people who matter in one handy and endlessly browsable book
Packed with over 18,000 biographies, Chambers Biographical Dictionary offers concise, authoritative and fascinating entries on all the people you'll ever need to know about. The most comprehensive and readable single-volume biographical dictionary available.
- Discover kings, queens, crooks, criminals, politicians, bankers and everyone in between.
- Check up on great achievements and great failures.
- Find out who did what to whom.
- Thousands of suggestions for further reading.
- Contains more biographies than any other reference work of its type.
- International and historical coverage of all areas of human achievement
including the arts, science, technology, sport, politics, philosophy and business.
- Meticulously researched and expertly written.
First published in 1897, Chambers Biographical Dictionary is a unique reference work which packs a huge amount of information between its covers. The ninth edition has been thoroughly updated and remains wide-ranging and international in scope, offering concise, authoritative and illuminating entries on individuals from Alexander the Great to Frank Zappa, and from Barack Obama to Osama Bin Laden.
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton General Division
Number of pages: 1728
Weight: 1802 g
Dimensions: 249 x 169 x 68 mm
Edition: 9th edition
Simply all you need to know about anyone * Fay Weldon *
Incomparably the best * The Sunday Times *
Some people leave a deeper footprint in the sands of time than others. In these pages we have access to their particular stories and identities. It is a rich cornucopia of life experience * Dame Joan Bakewell *
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review