9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide (Hardback)Professor Tom Lansford (author)
- We can order this
This book analyzes the complex causes and effects of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks both domestically and internationally, and examines the subsequent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
* Provides insightful quotes from contemporary figures and primary documents ranging from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa against the United States to the 2006 Iraq Study Group Report
* Contains 12 biographies ranging from Osama bin Laden to George W. Bush that provide detailed background on important figures from the era
* Presents a chronology of events from the 1970s to the present day, including occurrences leading to the September 11, 2001, attacks and the Iraq War
* Includes a select bibliography of major works on the September 11, 2001, attacks; the war in Iraq; homeland security; and the war on terror
* Contains a detailed glossary of key terms such as "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Number of pages: 348
Weight: 857 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 28 mm
Edition: Annotated edition
"The narrative is longer and more in-depth than those found in most reference works. It is also reasonably objective and unbiased-very important for such a controversial subject." - Choice
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review