5-Minute Anesthesia Consult - The 5-Minute Consult Series (Hardback)Nina Singh-Radcliff (author)
- We can order this
The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult provides a readily accessible compilation of anesthesia topics that is useful to students, residents, physicians, certified nurse anesthetists, anesthesia assistants, and ancillary medical staff. Following the highly successful format of the 5-Minute Clinical Consult series, 480 topics will be covered, each in a highly formatted two-page spread covering risk factors and epidemiology, preoperative evaluation, intraoperative care and postoperative care. The topic specific format of each chapter provides a focused, evidence-based, yet simplified, discussion of Physiology, Management, Co-Existing Disease, Surgical Procedure, and Drug topics.
In addition to general operative and perioperative care, this comprehensive book also covers subspecialty topics in cardiac, neurosurgical, obstetric, geriatric, critical care, pediatric, regional, vascular, thoracic, and acute and chronic pain.
Features to aid in clinical practice:
* Includes 480 distinct topics covering a wide range of conditions
* Each entry is presented in a standardized template for easy access to key information
* Each chapter provides a list of additional, complementary topics that are available within the book; this allows readers to supplement their knowledge of a given topic
* Unique to this textbook is the Management section, which covers a comprehensive list of perioperative complications and issues which is invaluable for oral board review
* Chapter topics include a large number of ABA keywords
* Over 300 expert contributors
* Companion website with fully searchable text
Publisher: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Number of pages: 1090
Weight: 2654 g
Dimensions: 276 x 213 x 41 mm
"As part of the 5-Minute Consult series, the hallmark of which is to provide relevant information in a readily accessible format, this book lives up to that standard of being a quick reference. There are a few other books available with similar intent, but being the latest, as well as being accessible online, gives this book an edge. Medical students and internists evaluating a patient preoperatively also will find this book most helpful."
Tariq M. Malik, MD(University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine)
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review