Jones & Bartlett Learning 2016 Nurse's Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference. Updated annually, it provides accurate and timely facts on hundreds of drugs from A-Z. Written in a no-nonsense style that speaks your language in terms you use every day, it offers concise and consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
The 2016 Nurse's Drug Handbook includes:
* Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
* Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
* Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
* Incompatibilities and contraindications
* Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
* Adverse reactions
* Nursing considerations, including key teaching points for patients
* Mechanism-of-action illustrations
* Warnings and precautions
New drug entries: albiglutide (Tanzeum), apremilast (Otezla), dalbavancin (Dalvance), dapagliflozin (Farxiga), dulaglutide (Trulicity), empagliflozin (Jardiance), eslicarbazepine acetate (Aptiom), ferric citrate (Auryxia), insulin, inhaled (rapid acting) (Afrezza), naloxegol (Movantik), olodaterol (Striverdi Respimat), omega 3-carboxylic acids (Epanova), oritavancin (Orbactiv), sucroferric oxyhydroxide (Velphoro), suvorexant (Belsomra), tedizolid (Sivextro), umeclidinium (Incruse Ellipta), vedolizumab (Entyvio), and vorapaxar (Zontivity).
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Number of pages: 1422
Weight: 1446 g
Edition: 15th Revised edition