200 Women: Who Will Change The Way You See The World (Hardback)Ruth Hobday (editor)
- We can order this
A snapshot of female life around the globe: This collection of interviews with 200 women from a variety of backgrounds takes you on a journey that's heartbreaking and uplifting. Each woman shares her unique reply to the same five questions: What really matters to you?, What brings you happiness?, What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?, What would you change if you could?, and Which single word do you most identify with? The variety of answers offers gifts of empowerment and strength - inviting us to bring positive change at a time when so many are fighting for basic freedom and equality.
Interviewees include: * Ruth Bader Ginsburg, former Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court * Jane Goodall, conservation and animal welfare activist
* Margaret Atwood, author and winner of The Booker Prize
* Roxane Gay, author and feminist
* Renee Montagne, former host of NPR's Morning Edition
* Alicia Garza, activist and co-founder of Black Lives Matter
* Alfre Woodard, award-winning actor and activist
* Marian Wright Edelman, head of the Children's Defense Fund
* Lydia Ko, professional golfer and Olympian
* Dolores Huerta, labor activist, community organizer, and co-founder of the National Farm Workers Association
* Alice Waters, chef, author, and food rights advocate
* Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author and Macarthur Foundation fellow
Each interview is accompanied by a photographic portrait, resulting in a volume that is compelling in word and image-and global in its scope and resonance. This landmark book is published to coincide with an interactive website, building on this remarkable, ever-evolving project.
200 Women reminds us that there are no ordinary women.
* Makes a wonderful birthday, graduation, or going away gift for every woman to encourage personal growth.
* Great coffee table book to spark conversations about powerful and inspirational women around the globe.
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Number of pages: 396
Weight: 2220 g
Dimensions: 303 x 236 x 34 mm
"Eminently Instagrammable, this book features women you might recognise - Margaret Atwood, Bobbi Brown - plus some you might not, but should." Red Magazine "captures different female perspectives and proves that female beauty comes in many, many different forms." Elle
"The coffee table book that will change your life. [...] Surprising, relatable and warmly funny, it's a book that deserves a place at the centre of your very finest table." --Stylist Magazine
"WHAT WOMEN WANT. From Pussy Riot's Nadya Tolokonnikova to sexual-abuse activist Ashley Judd and athlete Caster Semenya, 200 Women is a portfolio of interviews and photographs of influential women. For their book, Geoff Blackwell and Ruth Hobday asked each subject the same questions to create this vivid portrait of lives around the world." --The Observer Magazine
"Wisdom from inspirational women including Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Margaret Atwood and Gillian Anderson." Harper's Bazaar "A collection of interviews and photographs with women from different backgrounds, answering the same big questions about life. This lavish coffee-table book is both beautiful and inspiring." Best Magazine
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.
For shops outside of these areas: reserve online, pay on collection.