100 Facts - Endangered Animals (Paperback)Miles Kelly (author)
- Not available
100 Facts Endangered Animals is bursting with exactly 100 mind-blowing facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about the most threatened animals on our planet.
- Concise text explains the key facts to children in a clear way.
- Numbered facts help your child to track their progress and feel a sense of achievement.
- Comprehensive index allows children at key stage to practise locating the information they are searching for.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Endangered Animals covers key endangered animals facts in easily-digestible, numbered paragraphs. Every page features detailed illustrations and colourful photographs that bring the text to life for kids aged 6-10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Endangered Animals:
- Animal species that are already extinct and those that were too late to save
- Natural and human causes of endangering animals
- Conservation campaigns for animals under the most threat
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The Bermuda petrel was thought to be extinct for over 300 years until a breeding group was discovered on some coastal rocks in 1951.
- About 100 years ago there were more than 100,000 tigers. Now there are fewer than 5000 in the wild.
- In 2005, a new kind of monkey, the highland mangabey, was discovered in Africa. At the same time it became one of the rarest, most threatened of all animal species.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
- Quiz time: What died out when? Put these animal extinctions in order, from most long ago to most recent
- Make a condor puppet with an old sock and paints
- Match up the animals with the products they are killed or captured for
Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
Number of pages: 48
Weight: 522 g
Dimensions: 297 x 228 x 10 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review