We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
Wanted: Passionate readers
We’re looking for ten Waterstones Cardholders to join us for book club meetings at our flagship shop in London’s Piccadilly...
We believe that the books we select for our Book Club are worth talking about - and would like to talk about them with you.
Over the past year we've recorded weekly reading group sessions with Waterstones Cardholders, discussing our Book Club Book of the Week. We've had a great time with our group, and they seem to have enjoyed the experience too:
"I have been very privileged to join such a great group, I've got great memories and made some very good friends."
"It’s been a real privilege to read all these exciting new books and discuss them with such interesting people."
We're now looking for ten new Waterstones Cardholders to join our group, which also includes Waterstones booksellers and head office staff, to discuss twelve books over a six week period. The meetings will take place on Thursday evenings and will be recorded with the highlights used on the Waterstones blog and website. Our winners will be provided with the books to read before attending the meetings.
If you love to take part in lively discussions about the themes, characters and plotlines of books, enjoy both fiction and non-fiction and are free to attend the meetings in central London, we’d love to hear from you.
To be in with a chance of joining our group, in the text box below tell us a little bit about the last book you loved reading in 250 words or less. Ten winners will be selected by our judges and invited to attend their first meeting, which will be on Thursday 31st October.
Please note transport and accommodation are not provided; our winners will need to make their own way to each meeting.
If you have any problems using this form click here to send an email making sure to include all of the requested information
No purchase necessary. To be in with a chance of winning, simply submit your entry and details above - don't forget to include your Waterstones Card number, otherwise your entry won't be accepted.
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, email address and Waterstones Card number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 3/10/13 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and residents of the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands or Belgium.
4. There will be ten prize winner(s), who will win a place in the Waterstones Piccadilly bookclub to discuss twelve titles from the April 2013 Waterstones Book Club selection. Reading copies of the twelve books will be posted to the winners using a courier company and will need to be signed for. Transport and accommodation are not included with the prize. Conversations at the book club meetings will be recorded and used on Waterstones.com and The Waterstones Blog.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Judging will take place on 4/10/13 to select the winners. The prize winners will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight ONE WEEK AFTER DRAW DATE 11/10/13 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstones or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstones, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Waterstones, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstones on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstones reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstones corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstones reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstones Card October Book Club Competition Winners to The Waterstones Card, 203/206 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD after 11/10/13. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. Waterstones have organised this prize draw in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.