'I had fevers and hallucinations' - Stuart David's Mixtape
That winter, there was a vicious flu going
While I was ill, Stuart [Murdoch] brought me a mixtape he’d made and the songs began to drift through my dreams and my feverish visions. The tape was titled Winter Aconite, and he’d made a cover using a film still. On the
Salad Days – Young Marble Giants
Veils of Colour – The Blue Aeroplanes
Hours of Darkness Have Changed My Mind – Felt
Ballad of The Times – Everything But The Girl
Almost Prayed – The Weather Prophets
Oomingmak – Cocteau Twins
Sorry For Laughing – Josef K
Brighter – The Railway Children
Outdoor Miner – Wire
Afterglow – The Servants
High Expectation – Stereolab
Savage Sea – The Pop Group
Streets of Your Town – The
City Sickness – Tindersticks
The B-side was Momus’ album
All customers who pre-order a copy of In the All Night Cafe by Stuart David (9781408705155) at Waterstones.com before midnight 15th April 2015 will be entered into a draw to win a poster signed by Stuart David and an exclusive tote bag.
We have 25 sets of these exclusive posters and tote bags.
Terms and conditions apply.
In the All Night Cafe Pre-order Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the competition titled In the All Night Cafe Pre-order Competition. No purchase is necessary. Any Waterstones customer who pre-orders a copy of In the All Night Cafe by Stuart David (9781408705155) (the “Title”) before midnight on 15th April 2015 will be automatically entered into the competition unless they opt out. Only one entry per person is allowed notwithstanding second or subsequent purchases of the Title.
2. Entrants must be aged 16 or over and be residents of the UK. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the competition.
3. There will be 25 competition winners, chosen at random from all competition entrants who will win the following prize (“Prize”): a poster signed by Stuart David and an exclusive tote bag.
4. The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative Prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
5. Within 10 working days of 15 April
6. By entering the competition, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter (and in the case of there being more than one, each of them) without payment or compensation.
7. The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this competition and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
8. You may enter the competition without pre-ordering the Title by sending to us, by first class post, a request to be entered to arrive before the stated deadline in paragraph 1 above. Our address is: In the All Night Cafe Pre-order Competition, Waterstones Booksellers Ltd, 203-206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD.
9. For the name/county of the Prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked In the All Night Cafe Competition Winners to us at Waterstones Booksellers Ltd, 203-206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD.
10. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering this
Promoter: Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”) on behalf of itself and its associated companies in Ireland, The Netherlands and Belgium and Little Brown Publishing
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.