We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
Dan Brown ignites the Inferno & win a signed copy
Dan Brown fans queued up at Waterstones Piccadilly to be the first to own a signed copy of the writer's latest thriller, Inferno. But if you couldn't make it, read on to find out how you can win one of five signed copies...
A limited number of signed copies were made available to fans on a first come first served basis and the bookshop opened early to help eager readers get their hands on the book.
Jon Howells, from our Press Office, was one of the first to have read the book, having been given it to read overnight in advance of the launch.
"I am very pleased to say that Dan Brown delivers the goods with Inferno, his fourth novel to feature Robert Langdon," Jon said. "I won’t give any real spoilers here, but I will tell you that this is his most topical book to date – the central premise of the plot is something that has been in the news in the last few weeks and the stakes have never been higher."
All the ingredients of a Langdon adventure are there Jon says. "As the clock ticks, bullets fly and the bad guys close in, we’re given lessons in etymology, theoretical science, religious symbolism, architecture and much, much more. Suffice to say I know a lot more about Dante Alighieri and The Divine Comedy than I did yesterday!"
Brown fans can also look forward to seeing the author in person at his only ever UK event next week in London's Freemason's Hall. In Masonry's Grand Lodge, he'll discuss the development of Professor Robert Langdon, Harvard Professor of Symbology, from mild mannered academic to action hero, as well as some of the inspiration behind his world-wide bestsellers. You can buy tickets to the event here.
If you can't wait to get reading, you can read the first few pages right now.
This competition has now closed. Winners will be contacted shortly by email. Thank you for entering.
To win a signed copy of Inferno by Dan Brown, just tell us the name of Brown's master symbologist who has appeared in Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, and now Inferno?
Dan Lewis, for Waterstones.com/blog
Competition terms and conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name and email address. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 20/05/13 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be over 16 years old and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be 5 winners of a signed copy of Inferno by Dan Brown.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 21/05/13 to select the winners. The prize winners will be notified by email, and will need to respond by midnight 23/05/13 as to whether they are willing to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstones, the publisher or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstones, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Waterstones, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstones on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstones reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstones corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstones reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg ‘competition entry’ website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstones Inferno competition to Waterstones Blog, Waterstones Booksellers, 203-106 Piccadilly, W1J 9HD after 15/04/13. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering your comment, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. Waterstones and the publisher have organised this prize draw in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.