This competition is now closed and the tour has ended.
Buy a ticket to get yourself a pre-signed copy of Make Your Mind Up, an exclusive poster and a place in line to have a photo taken with Bethany.
Also, purchasing a ticket to either event or pre-ordering a copy of the book from Waterstones.com before midnight on June 8th will put you in the running for an exclusive opportunity for three lucky winners to meet and greet Bethany Mota before one of our two events. Terms and conditions apply.
We want all fans to have the best possible experience at the Make Your Mind Up events. In the interest of the limited time available and to maximise the number of fans that Bethany can meet, the following terms and conditions will be in effect for all Make Your Mind Up events.
We are putting these rules in place for the safety and enjoyment of everyone involved. Please respect each other and Bethany on the day. Be kind to each other and take the opportunity whilst in line to make some friends. We look forward to seeing you on the tour!
Terms and Conditions for the Events
- You will be required to show your ticket on the day of the event (which will be exchanged for a wristband), to gain entry, and as proof of purchase. Please keep your ticket in a safe place.
- Should you not receive your email confirmation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference.
- To avoid disappointment, we must stress there will be no opportunity to view or meet Bethany without a ticket.
- Early arrivals maybe be turned away and asked to return later. Any ticket holders arriving at the venue any earlier than one hour before the advertised start time may be asked to return later.
- Due to the anticipated high turn-out, please be prepared to queue – we will aim to keep you updated on your waiting time. Some outside queuing maybe required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weathers and keep hydrated.
- The exact time at which each event ends will be determined by the promoters on the day.
- To avoid any possible disappointment, we advise you not to arrive any later than the signing start time.
- You will receive your pre-signed copy of the book and poster at the venue.
- Your ticket entitles you to one place in the queue to have a photo taken with Bethany. Due to time restraints there will strictly be a ‘one photo per ticket holder’ rule.
- A maximum of one book and one entry ticket per person.
- Only copies of Make Your Mind Up will be pre-signed. No other merchandise will be signed.
- Due to time restraints unfortunately dedications within the book will not be possible.
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Accompanying adults will not require a ticket. Due to time and space limitations each child can only be accompanied by one adult.
- Due to health and safety limitations those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue unless they are a parent or guardian of anyone under the age of 14.
- Please note the event may be filmed. As an attendee you consent to footage of you being used for promotional purposes
- Tickets cannot be resold or transferred and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from Waterstones.com/tickets. Any tickets advertised for sale will be void.
- Management have the right to refuse entry or remove anyone who does not comply with these rules or who fails to follow reasonable instructions on the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have merchandise signed?
Unfortunately due to time limitations only copies of Make Your Mind Up will be signed
Can I bring my friends?
No, all those queuing MUST have a ticket (which will be exchanged for a wristband). Due to Bethany’s popularity, we cannot allow non-signing customers access to view the signing. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no opportunity to view Bethany for non-ticket holders.
What if I want or already have an additional copy of the book?
Due to the unique nature of this event it will only be possible to have the book purchased with the ticket signed on the day.
Can I meet Bethany or watch the signing if I haven’t bought a book or have a wristband?
Unfortunately, due to the popularity and therefore security measures in place, we cannot allow non-signing customers access to view the signing. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no opportunity to view Bethany for non-ticket holders.
What time can we start queuing?
Early arrivals maybe be turned away and asked to return later. Any ticket holders arriving at the venue any earlier than one hour before the advertised start time may be asked to return later.
Can I have my picture taken with Bethany?
Yes, your ticket entitles you to one place in the queue to have a photo taken with Bethany. In order to be fair and for Bethany to see so many of you, strictly ONE PHOTO with Bethany will be permitted per ticket holder. Unfortunately there will be no time for selfie photos. There will not be an official photographer present at the events; ticket holders must bring their own camera/phone and staff will be on hand to take photos for you.
What if I lose my ticket/ wristband?
To queue for the signing you must have your ticket which will be exchanged for a wristband. We cannot replace any lost tickets or wristbands.
I am under 14. Can I still attend?
Yes. Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any accompanying adults will not require a ticket/ wristband. Due to time and space limitations each child can only be accompanied by one adult.
What time does the event finish?
Due to the nature of the event, the end time will be determined by the promoters on the day. To avoid any disappointment please arrive at the advertised start time.
If I cannot make the event on the day, can I have a book reserved and signed?
Unfortunately due to the unique element of this event we cannot reserve or have copies signed for those unable to attend on the day
If you have further questions that are not answered in this FAQ please contact: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- These terms and conditions apply to the pre-order draw entitled Bethany Mota Prize Draw. Any Waterstones customer who pre-orders a copy of Make Your Mind Up by Bethany Mota (ISBN 9781780896502) from waterstones.com, or purchases a ticket to either of the Waterstones events (Bluewater on Saturday 1st July or Liverpool on Sunday 2nd July) before midnight on 8th June 2017 at 23:59 will be automatically entered into the draw to win. Only one entry per person is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of the Title.
- There will be three prize winners, who will each win a meet and greet with Bethany Mota at their choice of event (Bluewater or Liverpool locations). Each winner can bring a plus one and will receive a contribution of up to £100 for travel. Proof of transport cost must be provided for reimbursement. Please note accommodation is not included.
- Entrants must be residents of the UK. Any successful entrants under the age of 18 must provide the written consent of his or her parent or guardian to be received by the Promoter in advance of receiving the Prize. The prize winner will also be allowed to bring one guest. If the winner is under 18 years of age at the time of the prize event, they will also need to be accompanied by an adult, who will also be able to attend the event.
- This draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the pre-order draw.
- The signed copies of the Title are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative Prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw supervised by the Promoter will take place within five working days of 08/06/2017 to select the winners. The Prize winners will be notified by telephone or email, and will need to respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- The decision of the Promoter is final.
- By being entered into the draw, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter without payment or compensation.
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
- Entry to the pre-order draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering this pre-order draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
Promoter: Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”) on behalf of itself and its associated companies in Ireland, The Netherlands and Belgium and The Random House Group Ltd.