Self-styled domestic goddess...
Nigella Lawson biography and information
- Nigella Lawson is an English food writer, journalist, TV host, and gourmet.
- She began her journalism career writing book reviews, and later a restaurant column for The Spectator.
- She became the deputy literary editor of The Sunday Times in 1986, but eventually left to become a freelance writer.
- It would be another decade before she wrote her first cookery book, but when How to Eat was published in 1998, it became a bestseller.
- Nigella Bites, Lawson's first cookery show aired on Channel 4 in 1999, making her a household name. She published her second book, How to be a Domestic Goddess, in 2000, pushing her to the public status her book implies.
- She is distinguished by her focus on cooking for pleasure and enjoyment rather than style - and her cooking instructions are often relaxed guidelines rather than set recipes.
- She has sold more than 3 million cook books worldwide to date.
Book and writing awards
British Book Award - Author of the Year 2000 (How to be a Domestic Goddess). 2001 Guild of Food Writers - Television Broadcast of the Year (Nigella Bites). 2007 World Food Media Award - Gold Ladle Best Food And/Or Drink Television Show (Nigella's Christmas Kitchen).