We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
- Scottish author Iain Banks, (or Iain M. Banks when writing Science Fiction), exploded on to the literary scene with his first novel, The Wasp Factory, published in 1984.
- Also known by legions of Science Fiction fans for creating the Culture Cycle series, Iain Banks also made a huge impact with his own brand of literary Fiction.
- In 2008, he was named one of the fifty greatest British writers since 1945 in a list compiled by The Times.
- Banks was a member of a group of British politicians and media figures who campaigned to have Prime Minister, Tony Blair impeached after the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- In 2013, he was diagnosed with late-stage gall bladder cancer.
- He married his long-term girlfriend, Adele Hartley, shortly afterwards.
- He sadly died, shortly after the announcement of his illness.
- Fans and friends were able to leave their tributes on friends.banksophilia.com.
Book and writing awards
Similar authors to Iain Banks
By the author
We're talking about...
Posted on 10th Jun, 2013
Greg Eden mourns the passing of Iain Banks...