Author of suspense thrillers, which also frequently incorporate elements of Horror, Science Fiction, mystery, and satire.
Dean Koontz biography and information
- Koontz wrote under a number of pen names earlier in his career, including "David Axton", "Leigh Nichols" and "Brian Coffey".
- He has sold over 450 million copies of his books, as reported on his official website.
- He has said that he was regularly beaten and abused by his alcoholic father, which influenced his later writing, as did the courage of his physically diminutive mother in standing up to her husband.
- In the 1960s, Koontz worked for the Appalachian Poverty Program, a federally funded initiative designed to help poor children.
- In his spare time, he wrote his first novel, Star Quest, which was published in 1968. He wnet on to write a dozen more SF novels.
- Bestselling SF writer Brian Herbert has stated that "I even went though a phase where I read everything that Dean Koontz wrote, and in the process I learned a lot about characterization and building suspense."
Similar authors to Dean Koontz
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect. Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at