We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
Cassandra, creator of Shadowhunters
- Judith Rumelt, better known by her pen name Cassandra Clare, is an American author of young adult fiction, most known for her bestselling series The Mortal Instruments.
- Clare was born in Tehran, Iran. As a child, she travelled frequently, spending time in Switzerland, England and France.
- While living in Los Angeles, Clare began writing fan fiction using the name Cassandra Claire. However, she deleted her fan fiction from the Internet shortly before her first novel, The City of Bones, was published under the name Cassandra Clare.
- In 2004, Clare began working on her first published novel, City of Bones, inspired by the urban landscape of Manhattan. City of Bones was released in 2007. Clare went on to add more books to her series, including City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls.
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones was made into a film in 2013 by Unique Features and Constantin Film. First-time writer Jessica Postigo wrote the screenplay, based on the first book in the series. Lily Collins starred as the heroine of the books, Clary Fray, and Jamie Campbell Bower starred as Jace Wayland.
Book and writing awards
City of Bones gained a multitude of awards, including 2010 Georgia Peach Book Awards for Teen Readers, the 2010 Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award and the 2010 Pacific Northwest Library Association Young Readers Choice Award. City of Ashes was awarded the 2009 ALA Teens Top Ten Title.
Similar authors to Cassandra Clare
By the author
We're talking about...
Posted on 28th May, 2014 by Cassandra Clare
It's finally here... we're thrilled to bring you the prologue of Cassandra Clare's final book in The Mortal Instruments series: City of Heavenly Fire.