Historical Fiction writer, specialising in "sword and sandal" epics set in Ancient Rome...
Ben Kane biography and information
- Ben Kane is a novelist, specialising in the historical fiction genre. He is best known for The Forgotten Legion, Spartacus and Hannibal series of books.
- His books have been published in more than ten countries, including the USA, Italy, Spain, Greece, Russia and the Netherlands.
- In 2013, Ben and two friends - Anthony Riches and Russell Whitfield - walked the entire length of Hadrian's Wall for charity, wearing full Roman military kit, including hobnailed boots. They raised nearly £19,000 for Combat Stress and Medecins Sans Frontieres.
- In 2014, they walked again in Italy, raising over £26,500. A film was made of their walk, entitled The Road to Rome. Sir Ian McKellen provides the voiceover. There are hopes to bring the documentary to TV channels soon.
- Kane was born in Kenya and moved to Ireland at the age of seven. He studied veterinary medicine at University College Dublin, after which he travelled the world extensively, indulging his passion for ancient history.
Similar authors to Ben Kane
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect. Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at