Seeing the Light (eBook): Exploring Ethics Through Movies
by Wanda Teays
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
You can not earn Waterstones Card points on eBooks
Seeing the Light: Exploring Ethics Through Movies is an engaging and innovative approach to the study of philosophy and the development of moral reasoning skills.
- Features broad coverage of topics in ethics and moral reasoning
- Offers an innovative and imaginative approach to showing relevance of movies for ethical reflection
- Draws on a diverse selection of popular movies, foreign films, and documentaries to illustrate ethical dilemmas and character development on the big screen that has application to our lives
- Presents coverage of major ethical theories ranging from Ethical Egoism and Cultural Relativism to Utilitarianism, Kantian Ethics, Rawls' Justice Theory, Aristotle's Virtue Ethics, and Feminist Ethics
- Demonstrates how film is a powerful vehicle for sharpening skills in analysis and moral reasoning
- Visit the accompanying website