C Primer Plus (eBook)
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
You can not earn Waterstones Card points on eBooks
C Primer Plus is a carefully tested, well-crafted, and complete tutorial on a subject core to programmers and developers. This computer science classic teaches principles of programming, including structured code and top-down design.
Author and educator Stephen Prata has created an introduction to C that is instructive, clear, and insightful. Fundamental programming concepts are explained along with details of the C language. Many short, practical examples illustrate just one or two concepts at a time, encouraging readers to master new topics by immediately putting them to use.
Review questions and programming exercises at the end of each chapter bring out the most critical pieces of information and help readers understand and digest the most difficult concepts. A friendly and easy-to-use self-study guide, this book is appropriate for serious students of programming, as well as developers proficient in other languages with a desire to better understand the fundamentals of this core language.
The sixth edition of this book has been updated and expanded to cover the latest developments in C as well as to take a detailed look at the new C11 standard. In C Primer Plus you'll find depth, breadth, and a variety of teaching techniques and tools to enhance your learning:
- Complete, integrated discussion of both C language fundamentals and additional features
- Clear guidance about when and why to use different parts of the language
- Hands-on learning with concise and simple examples that develop your understanding of a concept or two at a time
- Hundreds of practical sample programs
- Review questions and programming exercises at the end of each chapter to test your understanding
- Coverage of generic C to give you the greatest flexibility
Other books by this author See all titles