The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers (Paperback)
|Format:||Paperback 256 pages|
Not in stock
Usually despatched in 3-5 days
You save: £3.80
in the UK
Programmers who endure and succeed amidst swirling uncertainty and nonstop pressure share a common attribute: They care deeply about the practice of creating software. They treat it as a craft. They are professionals.
In The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers, legendary software expert Robert C. Martin introduces the disciplines, techniques, tools, and practices of true software craftsmanship. This book is packed with practical advicea??about everything from estimating and coding to refactoring and testing. It covers much more than technique: It is about attitude. Martin shows how to approach software development with honor, self-respect, and pride; work well and work clean; communicate and estimate faithfully; face difficult decisions with clarity and honesty; and understand that deep knowledge comes with a responsibility to act.< /P>
Readers will learn
- What it means to behave as a true software craftsman
- How to deal with conflict, tight schedules, and unreasonable managers
- How to get into the flow of coding, and get past writera??s block
- How to handle unrelenting pressure and avoid burnout
- How to combine enduring attitudes with new development paradigms
- How to manage your time, and avoid blind alleys, marshes, bogs, and swamps
- How to foster environments where programmers and teams can thrive
- When to say a? ?Noa??a??and how to say it
- When to say a??Yesa??a??and what yes really means
Great software is something to marvel at: powerful, elegant, functional, a pleasure to work with as both a developer and as a user. Great software isna??t written by machines. It is written by professionals with an unshakable commitment to craftsmanship. The Clean Coder will help you become one of thema??and earn the pride and fulfillment that they alone possess.
Other books by this author See all titles
You save: £4.30
This book can be found in...
The prices displayed are for website purchases only, and may differ to the prices in Waterstones shops.