Western Lake District – Guidebook Chapter (eBook)
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest The Lake District guide book and includes:
• Western Lake District chapter
• Lake District History, Culture & Environment and Directory, Transport & Health
• Western Lake District maps
Dramatic rather than picturesque, breathtaking rather than charming, the western Lakes' lonely valleys and mist-shrouded fells make up one of England's last remaining pockets of wilderness. Travellers love the region for its views and its hiking challenges: this chapter explains why.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Western Lake District, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of Western Lake District.
• History, Culture, Literary Lakes, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport and Health
• Ravenglass & around, Eskdale, Eskdale Green, Wasdale, Ennerdale, Dalegarth & Boot, Hardknott & Wrynose, Gosforth & Santon Bridge, Wasdale Head.
Lonely Planet's The Lake District guide is researched and written by Oliver Berry
Lonely Planet Publications
Other books by this author See all titles
You save: £4.60
You save: £4.60
You save: £1.60