Africa Travel Guide (eBook)
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
You can not earn Waterstones Card points on eBooks
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take a refreshing dip at Victoria Falls, explore the ancient pyramids of Egypt, or take a walking safari in South Luangwa National Park; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Africa Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
• Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, local customs, music and wildlife
• Over 235 maps
• Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Itineraries (suggested routes that maximise your time and money), and Planning Safaris
• Coverage of Botswana, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Egypt, the Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
• Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
• Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
• Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
• Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
• Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
• Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Africa, our most comprehensive guide to Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
• Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet Travel Guides, our most comprehensive guides that both cover the top sights and take the roads less travelled.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, Kate Armstrong, Stuart Butler, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Paul Clammer, Lucy Corne, Jane Cornwell, Emilie Filou, Mary Fitzpatrick, Michael Grosberg, Anthony Ham, Trent Holden, Jessica Lee, Nana Luckham, Tom Masters, Alan Murphy, Anja Mutic, Nick Ray, Caroline Sieg, Helena Smith, Dean Starnes, Kate Thomas, Richard Waters, Donna Wheeler and Vanessa Wruble.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' –The New York Times
Other books by this author See all titles
You save: £1.70
You save: £0.80