in the UK
John Morgan arrived in New Zealand in 1833 as a Missionary of the Church Missionary Society. He served in Kerikeri before assisting with the founding of nine new stations: Puriri in Thames, (1833), Mangapouri in the Waipa, (1834), Tauranga, (1835) and Kaweranga in Thames, (1837). He helped with the reformation of Rotorua station on Mokoia Island during the war and its removal to the mainland in 1839. He worked at Otawhao, in the Waikato from 1841-1864 a period which included the Waikato Wars. The CMS Missionary Journals and Letters represent some of New Zealand's earliest records of encounter and this work forms part of the Early Waikato Series, general editor Ken Arvidson. Jan Pilditch, the editor of this volume, is an Associate Professor of English and director of the Text and Translation Research Unit at the University Waikato.
The Grimsay Press
Other books by this author See all titles
This book can be found in...
The prices displayed are for website purchases only, and may differ to the prices in Waterstones shops.