Nonprofit Governance (eBook): Law, Practices, and Trends
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
A complete analysis of the law, practices, and trends of nonprofit governance from two of the nation's leading lawyers on the law of tax-exempt organizations
Recent scandals in the charitable sector as well as the adoption of a myriad of nonprofit best practices and guidelines have created a need and demand for better governance of nonprofits. In Nonprofit Governance, renowned author Bruce R. Hopkins and his law partner, Virginia Gross, share their combined decades of legal expertise to provide a comprehensive, authoritative examination of the law, practices, and trends of nonprofit governance.
In this comprehensive, one-stop resource, Hopkins and Gross deftly summarize the law that exists and explain and evaluate the many good governance principles that have been promulgated. Nonprofit Governance helps leaders and managers of nonprofit organizations, and their lawyers, accountants, and advisors, to:
- Understand the legal backdrop for nonprofit governance
- Sift through the numerous good governance principles and guidelines
- Select the ones that most appropriately apply to their particular organization
- Devise suitable policies and procedures
- Improve their operations and effectiveness
- Undertake a comprehensive governance legal audit
- Be in a position to file Forms 990 that cast them in the best possible light regarding nonprofit governance
Nonprofit Governance is a must-read for anyone facing good governance decisions in a nonprofit organization and is lost in the maze of conflicting principles, ever-increasing policies and procedures, murky law, and the intensity of the IRS in insisting on adoption of various principles in the absence of legal requirements for them.