Locus Amoenus (eBook): Gardens and Horticulture in the Renaissance
|File type:||EPUB DRM|
Available for immediate download
To download this eBook, simply 'Add to basket' and pay at the Checkout as normal. Don't forget to download Digital Editions too, if you don't already have it.
Locus Amoenus provides a pioneering collection of new perspectives on Renaissance garden history, and the impact of its development. Experts in the field illustrate the extent of our knowledge of how the natural world looked and how humans related to their environment.
- A ground-breaking collection of new perspectives on garden history
- Essays demonstrate the extent of our knowledge of how the natural world looked and how humans related to their environment
- The book's broad coverage includes botany and herbals, literary reflections of changing ideas of landscape and nature, and human's place within it
- Contributors come from a wide range of experts, including archaeologists, scholars and the librarian and archivist to the Royal Horticultural Society
- Reflects the growing emergence of this field, which has been assisted both by archaeology and ideas from green studies and environmental criticism
- Richly illustrated throughout