Waterstones Card Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the standard Waterstones points card Scheme, click here to see the terms and conditions for the Waterstones Student Card Scheme. If you have any questions please contact us.
Waterstones Booksellers Limited ('WBL') whose registered address is at 203/206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HD and certain of its associated companies (together 'Waterstones') are promoting a points card ('Waterstones Points Card' or 'WPC') with a view to offering more value to its customers (the 'WPC Scheme'). The WPC Scheme is distinct from the Waterstones Student Scheme, for which separate conditions apply, although it is possible to transfer points between the two card schemes. The following terms and conditions apply to the WPC Scheme and to any person who holds a WPC (a 'Cardholder'):-.
The WPC Scheme
1. Correspondence relating to the WPC Scheme should be sent to WBL, 203/206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HD, or, if the customer is in Eire, to Waterstones, 56-58 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Eire..
2. Your WPC and any replacements are issued by and remain the property of WBL. The WPC Scheme is free of charge to all persons who purchase goods in all participating branches of Waterstones and its associated shops and on Waterstones.com. WBL reserves the right to alter, without prior notice, products included in or excluded from the WPC Scheme and it reserves the right to change the number of participating shops at any time. Cardholders can redeem and collect points but will not be able to join the WPC Scheme at Hatchards shops and Southwold Books..
3. To apply for a WPC and take advantage of the WPC Scheme you must be aged 16 years or over..
4. Your name, postal address and email address must be provided for a WPC to be registered. If you do not register your WPC you will not be able to redeem your points.
5. Your WPC cannot be used as a credit card or a guarantee card. The WPC Scheme is only for consumer use. The WPC cannot be used for any transaction where the purchaser or ultimate beneficiary is a business entity.
6. The WPC can only be used by the person whose signature is on the WPC. Neither the WPC nor the points thereon are transferable to any other Cardholder but the points on a WPC can be transferred to a Waterstones Student Card and vice versa where the registered user is the same person.
7a. If you breach, or if WBL reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and conditions, your WPC may be terminated without prior notice and any accumulated points or vouchers will be forfeited. WBL reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the WPC Scheme.
7b. A Cardholder can choose to leave the WPC Scheme at any time by giving written notice to WBL, or by leaving his/her WPC at a Waterstones shop. By leaving the WPC Scheme a Cardholder forfeits all and any points or vouchers already accrued or issued.
7c. A Cardholder who, for a consecutive period of 36 months, does not collect or redeem any points, check their balance by logging in to the Waterstones.com account linked to their WPC or check their balance in a Waterstones shop will have their WPC account and any associated points or voucher balance terminated without notice, and will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to re-join and begin collecting again.
8. In addition to paragraph 7 above, WBL reserves the right on notice to Cardholders to (i) stop issuing WPCs at any time; (ii) amend the benefits of the WPC Scheme at any time; (iii) alter or amend these terms and conditions and the operation of the WPC and/or WPC Scheme; and (iv) withdraw or cancel a WPC and/or the points (including the redemption and issue of such) and/or terminate the WPC Scheme. For the purposes of this paragraph, and any other paragraphs which contain a right for or an obligation upon WBL to give notice, the period of notice will be such duration, if any, as WBL in its absolution discretion decides and will be considered adequately given if (a) sent by to the Cardholder at the email address (if any) held by WBL for that Cardholder and (b) by WBL placing a copy of the notice on its website, Waterstones.com.
How to collect and redeem points
9. To collect points for a transaction in one of our shops, Cardholders must present their WPC at the till at the time of purchase or within 30 days of the date of purchase. In the latter case, proof of purchase using a validated till receipt will be required for the points to be credited to the WPC. To collect points for a transaction online, the unique number on your WPC must be linked to your Waterstones.com account at the time of purchase. Cardholders cannot claim points on purchases made before they joined the WPC Scheme.
10. Points will be awarded on, and can be redeemed in participating Waterstones shops, or on Waterstones.com against, all merchandise sold with the exception of:
Cardholders can redeem and collect points but will not be able to join the WPC Scheme at Hatchards shops and Southwold Books.
11. Cardholders will receive points on qualifying transactions. In the UK and online, points are currently awarded at a rate of 3 points for every £1.00 spent or a pro rata amount rounded down to the nearest point. In participating Waterstones shops in the Republic of Ireland (ROI) and the rest of Europe, points are calculated at a rate of 2 points for every 1.00 spent or a pro rata amount rounded down to the nearest point. These can be altered at the discretion of WBL on reasonable notice to you. The number of points issued may vary between qualifying purchases.
12. Each point has a redemption value against qualifying purchases of 1p in the UK and online and 1.5c in the participating ROI and other European shops. WBL reserves the right to vary the rates at any time. There is no minimum amount of points, and, subject to paragraph 13, Cardholders can redeem at any time.
13. Points will usually be loaded on to a WPC instantly in shops, except in circumstances of system failure when it is expected that points will be loaded within 48 hours. For customer orders and pre-orders in shops, points will be earned on collection of the order. In most circumstances any bonus points earned will be loaded onto the WPC 72 hours after the date the goods are purchased. Points from Waterstones.com transactions will be automatically loaded within 72 hours of goods being shipped and will not show on the Cardholder's initial online order confirmation. Points cannot be redeemed until loaded on to the WPC.
14. Points can be used as part or full payment for goods. The full points value on an item will only be earned if no points are redeemed as part of the transaction. When points are redeemed as part of the transaction, points will be awarded on the cash balance.
15. Points have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred. If overpayment is made using points, no change or credit will be given. WBL will reverse the associated points earned or redeemed if a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or when a product is returned (in accordance with the Waterstones Returns Policy). For shop purchases, the Cardholder must present their WPC to sales staff so that the points awarded can be debited from or credited to the WPC for the product being returned.
Data Protection and your details
17. By signing up to the WPC Scheme and giving us personal details, Cardholders will be sent Waterstones updates and special offers unless they subsequently notify us otherwise. If you notify us that you would like to receive such information, we will share your information with third parties so that they may contact you with information and offers. We will also use your details from the application form and information on what you buy to help us manage the WPC Scheme more effectively.
18. It is important that your contact details are kept up to date in order that WBL can operate the WPC Scheme effectively. Please keep your details up to date by visiting Waterstones.com or your local shop if your details are incorrect or become out of date. You can also update your details (including your email address) at any time by contacting Waterstones Customer Support.
19. If your WPC is lost, stolen or, for whatever reason, not working, you should notify a member of staff at a Waterstones shop or contact Waterstones Customer Support, contact details for which can be found on our website at Waterstones.com. WBL cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged WPCs, nor for any points accrued on or redeemed from the WPC without your knowledge. WBL reserves the right not to issue a replacement WPC in any circumstances.
20. The WPC Scheme can be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion, but WBL reserves the right to withdraw this at any time.
21. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid in whole or in part, that part shall be deleted and the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected. These terms and conditions and the WPC Scheme are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Do you have a question?
If you have a question about setting up or using your Waterstones Card, please look through our Waterstones Card FAQs.
For further help you can contact the Waterstones Card Customer Helpline on 0808 118 8787 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The helpline is open between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Calls made from a BT Landline will usually be charged at a standard local rate. Calls from a mobile and other providers will incur a charge with rates varying dependent on the provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.