Waterstones Card Terms and Conditions
Waterstones Booksellers Limited ('Waterstones') is offering a loyalty card with a view to offering more value to its customers (the 'Scheme'). The following terms and conditions apply to this Scheme:-
1. The Scheme is operated and promoted by Waterstones Booksellers Ltd, 203 206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD and Waterstones 56-58 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Eire.
2. Your Waterstones Card (the 'Card') is issued by and remains the property of Waterstones.
3. The Scheme is free of charge to all persons who purchase goods in all participating branches of Waterstones and on Waterstones.com. Waterstones reserves the right to alter products included or excluded from the Scheme or to change the number of participating shops at any time. A list of participating shops is available from any Waterstones shop, online at Waterstones.com or by ringing the Customer Helpline.
4. Your Card can only be used at participating Waterstones shops and on Waterstones.com and at such other third party/partner outlets who may be part of the Scheme (as notified to you by Waterstones from time to time). Cardholders can redeem and collect points at Hatchards but will not be able to apply to join the Scheme in Hatchards.
5.To apply for a Card and take advantage of the Scheme you must be aged 16 years or over.
6. Your name, postal address and email address must be provided for a Card to be registered. If you do not register your Card you will not be able to redeem your points nor will you be eligible for certain offers and promotions.
7. Your Card cannot be used as a credit card or a guarantee card.
8. The Scheme is only for consumer use. The Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity.
9. The Card can only be used by the person whose signature is on the Card. Neither the Card nor the points thereon are transferable to other Cardholders.
10. If you breach these terms and conditions, or if Waterstones reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and/or abused the Scheme, Cards may be terminated without prior notice. Waterstones reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the Scheme.
11. In addition to point 10 above, Waterstones reserves the right to (i) stop issuing Cards at any time; (ii) on notice to amend the benefits of the scheme at any time; (iii) on notice to alter or amend the terms and conditions of operation of the Card and/or Scheme; and (iv) on notice withdraw or cancel the Cards and/or the points (including the redemption and issue of such) and/or terminate the Scheme. A Cardholder may terminate his/her Card at any time.
12. Waterstones will notify Cardholders of any changes to these terms and conditions. Notices detailing the revised terms will be available on Waterstones.com.
How to collect and redeem points
13. To collect points for a transaction in one of our shops, Cardholders must present their Card at the till at the time of purchase or within 30 days of the date of purchase. In the case of the latter, proof of purchase, using a validated till receipt, will be required for the points to be credited to the Card. To collect points for a transaction online, the unique number on your Waterstones Card must be inputted at Waterstones.com at the time of purchase. Cardholders cannot claim points on purchases made before they joined the Scheme.
14. a) Points will be awarded on, and can be redeemed against, all merchandise sold in participating Waterstones shops, or at Waterstones.com, with the exception of purchases from our partner site Francis Frith, purchases from Waterstones Marketplace, purchases from Waterstonesaccountsales.com, gift vouchers, electronic gift cards, book tokens, theatre tokens, events tickets, stamps, products from Waterstones concessions and other products from time to time as notified. Points can be redeemed against, but not awarded for, ePub eBook purchases from Waterstones.com.
14. b) Product discounts related to, and offered as part of, the Scheme are not valid for redemption against the excepted merchandise noted in paragraph.
15. Waterstones reserve the right to offer bonus points on certain products as selected by Waterstones from time to time in its sole discretion.
16. Cardholders will receive points on qualifying transactions. In the UK and online points are awarded at a rate of 3 points for every £1.00 spent or a pro rata amount rounded down to the nearest point. In participating Waterstones shops in the ROI and the rest of Europe, points are calculated at a rate of 2 points for every 1.00 euro spent or a pro rata amount rounded down to the nearest point. These can be altered at the discretion of Waterstones on reasonable notice to you. The number of points issued may vary between qualifying purchases.
17. Each point has a redemption value against qualifying purchases of 1p in the UK and online and 1.5c in the participating ROI and other European shops. Waterstones reserves the right to vary the rates at any time on reasonable notice to you.
18. There is no minimum amount of points, and, subject to paragraph 19, Cardholders can redeem at any time.
19. Points will usually be loaded on to a Card instantly in shops, except in circumstances of system failure when it is expected that points will be loaded within 48 hours. For customer orders and pre-orders in shops, points will be earned on collection of the order. In most circumstances any bonus points earned will be loaded onto the Card 72 hours after the date the goods are purchased. Points from Waterstones.com transactions will be automatically loaded within 72 hours of goods being shipped and will not show on the Cardholder's initial online order confirmation. Points cannot be redeemed until loaded on to the Card.
20. Points can be used as part or full payment for goods. The full points value on an item will only be earned if no points are redeemed as part of the transaction. When points are redeemed as part of the transaction, points will be awarded on the cash balance.
21. Points have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred. If overpayment is made using points, no change or credit will be given.
22. Waterstones will reverse the associated points earned or redeemed if a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or when a product is returned (in accordance with Waterstones Returns Policy). For shop purchases, the Cardholder must present their Card to sales staff so that the points awarded can be debited from or credited to the Card for the product being returned.
Data Protection and your details
24. By signing up to the Scheme and giving us personal details, Cardholders will be sent Waterstones updates and special offers unless they subsequently notify us otherwise.
25. We will also use your details from the application form and information on what you buy to help us manage the Scheme more effectively.
26. If you notify us that you would like to receive such information, we will share your information with third parties so that they may contact you with information and offers.
27. It is important that your contact details are kept up to date in order that Waterstones can operate the Scheme effectively. Please keep your details up to date by visiting waterstonescard.com or your local shop if your details are incorrect or become out of date. You can also update your details (including your email address) at any time by calling the Waterstones Card Customer Helpline.
28. If your Card is lost, stolen or, for whatever reason, not working, you should contact the Customer Helpline on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 0808 118 8787 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm), or by notifying a member of staff at a Waterstones shop. Calls made from a BT Landline will usually be charged at a standard local rate. Calls from a mobile and other providers will incur a charge with rates varying dependant on the provider. Waterstones cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged Cards, or any points accrued on or redeemed from the Card without your knowledge. Waterstones reserves the right not to issue a replacement Card.
29. The Scheme can be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion, but Waterstones reserve the right to withdraw this at any time.
30. The Scheme is available in all participating Waterstones shops in the UK, ROI (including Hodges Figgis) and the rest of Europe.
31. If any point in these terms and conditions is held to be invalid in whole or in part, that part shall be deleted and the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
32. These terms and conditions and the Scheme are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Waterstones Card Customer helpline: 0808 118 8787
The helpline is open between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Do you have a question?
If you have a question about setting up or using your Waterstones Card, please look through our Waterstones Card FAQs.
For further help you can contact the Waterstones Card Customer Helpline on 0808 118 8787 or email them at email@example.com.
The helpline is open between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Calls made from a BT Landline will usually be charged at a standard local rate. Calls from a mobile and other providers will incur a charge with rates varying dependent on the provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.