Finding Audio Downloads on Waterstones.com
1) Type the name of author, series, or the title of the audiobook you wish to search for in the search box. Suggested titles will appear, you can click on one of these, or otherwise click 'Go' to search.
2) The results of your search will be displayed, showing the number of items in each category listed on the left-hand side of the page. You can refine your search by clicking on 'Audio Downloads'.
3) Browse through the results and click on the audiobook you wish to download. You can now listen to a short sample of the book by clicking on 'Audio preview'. To purchase the audiobook, click on 'Add to basket'.
4) To buy your audiobook, click on 'Go to checkout', sign in, and complete your purchase.
5) On the 'Order Confirmation' page, click on 'Install Media Player' to obtain the software to play the audiobook. Then click on 'Download' to obtain the mp3 audiobook.
6) Choose to: 'Open the file with Overdrive Media Console', choose a folder to save it into and then click 'OK' to complete the download.
7) You can now choose to play the audiobook, or transfer it to an mp3 player. You can transfer your file to most mp3 players (a complete list can be found here).
How to download a previously purchased Audio Download
1) Sign in to your Waterstones.com account.
2) You will be taken to your account page; click on 'Digital Order History'.
3) You previous orders will be listed, with the most recent first. Click on 'Download' to receive your audiobook. If you exceed the maximum number of downloads for a title, please call us on 0845 217 7993.
Help with installing and using Overdrive Media Player
In order to play an mp3 audiobook purchased from Waterstones.com, it is necessary to install Overdrive Media Player.
Most mp3 playing devices will be able to play your audiobook, but for a complete list of known compatible devices, please click here.
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.