Children's & Teenage
We know how hard it can be to keep children entertained on a rainy day or during the school holidays. We've put together our choice of the best activity books, great series, bestselling new books and adventure titles - all by age range - so theres bound to be something to keep boredom at bay!
And to add to the mix there's also a few games and toys that will liven things up.
Enter our Children's drawing competition
We're running a nationwide competition for children aged 10 and under to draw us a picture of the person they'll be treating this Fathers' Day - be that Dad, Grandad, Uncle or whoever.
The winning picture will be featured in our shops all across the UK, and the artist responsible will also receive a £20 Gift Card (or European equivalent).
Anyone aged 10 or under can enter so let your imaginations run wild. All we ask is that you fill in the entry form and hand it in to a Waterstones bookshop before Monday 21st April.
- Entry forms must be completed by the entrant and his or her parent or guardian who must supply contact details. Only correctly completed entry forms will be accepted, no other method of entry is permitted. Contact details will only be used to contact entrants if necessary and will not be shared with other companies.
- No purchase necessary. Please enter your name and email address. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 21/04/14 at 5PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- Entrants must be aged 10 or under on 21st April 2014 and have the permission of a parent or guardian.
- The winner(s) will receive a £20 (or Euro equivalent) Waterstones Gift Card and their drawing may be used in publicity, POS, marketing or other literature in our shops, online or otherwise.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Winner(s) will be chosen within 14 working days of the closing date and will be contacted as soon as possible afterwards. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- This competition is not open to employees of Waterstones, the publisher or their immediate families.
- By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstones, without payment or compensation.
- The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
- All entries become the property of Waterstones, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstones on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstones reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstones corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstones reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
- Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
- Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
- Waterstones have organised this prize draw in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
The Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2014