Forget the World Cup – we’re already into the quarter finals of our Ultimate Writer contest…
Game of Thrones has nothing on the carnage of Ultimate Writer – another brutal week has led us to this place:
- H.P. Lovecraft fell to Mary Shelley
- Frank Herbert was bested by Stephen King – and his legions of fans
- Anne Rice saw her vampires crushed by the might of J.R.R. Tolkien‘s Middle Earth
- Octavia E. Butler found her number was up when she met J.K. Rowling
- Maeve Binchy couldn’t outwit the wily Agatha Christie
- Philip Pullman‘s daemons weren’t much help for him against George R.R. Martin
- Robert Galbraith was shown how a real detective does it by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Suzanne Collins found the odds very much not in her favour when was crushed by Neil Gaiman
Quick – it’s the Quarter Finals!
So, just four matches this time – and our loyalties see themselves divided once again. Stephen King or Mary Shelley? J.K. Rowling or J.R.R Tolkien? George R.R. Martin or Agatha Christie? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or Neil Gaiman? Only one of each pair can make it through to the semi finals. Only one will go all the way and be crowned Ultimate Writer…
As with Round 1, to take part, all you have to do is vote on which author you think should win the battle – the authors with the most votes will go on to the semi finals next week…
How will our fighters fare? You decide.
You can keep up with the action using the #UltimateWriter hashtag on Twitter. Let the battles commence!